Thursday, April 01, 2010

Survey Says!!!

"You must call no one on earth your father, since you have only one Father, and he is in heaven." -Matthew 23:9/Catholic Online (Bible)

Can someone explain to me this contradiction in Catholicism? Since I grew up in a Catholic family I always heard that we should call the priests "father". I was just curious and I di
g into the catholic Bible to see what it says about that. Here is the NKJV of the same verse...

We should not call "anyone" father. I guess it's only addressed to the religious beliefs. They also call saints to those who acted like heroes in history when the Bible specify that a saint is he who obey and remain in Jesus: "This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus." -Revelation 14:12 NKJV

No comments: